Local Hospitality Vacation Giveaway Contest
Contest Rules and Regulations
Enter this contest for a chance
to win a
refund on the value of your hotel or entertainment booking.
One (1) grand prize award of a refund on your hotel or entertainment booking (the “Grand Prize”), is available to be won.
The Winter Vacation Giveaway contest (the “contest”) begins at 12:01 a.m. ET on November 1, and closes at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on March 31 (“Contest Closing Date”). The Summer Vacation Giveaway contest (the “contest”) begins at 12:01 a.m. ET on May 1, and closes at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on September 30 (“Contest Closing Date”).
This contest is open to all members.
How to Enter
Place a hotel or entertainment booking through Local Hospitality’s travel discount booking service.
Winner Selections / Draws
1. A random draw from all the entries submitted electronically (via online or phone bookings) will take place by Local Hospitality within two weeks after the closing date of the contest.
2. Odds of winning are dependent on the number of eligible entries/bookings received from all members by the Contest Closing Date. All decisions by the prize selection team are final on all matters relating to the contest. Winners are required to permit the disclosure of their first name, last initial and city location on Local Hospitality’s travel discount booking website.
3. The selected contestant for each draw will be notified by phone and/or email using the information the contestant enters into the contest via their booking. If a prize notification notice is returned to Local Hospitality as undeliverable by email or if the phone number is no longer used by the contestant, or is disconnected, the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner.
4. For the purpose of these rules, the contestant is the person whose name appears on the booking.
5. The refund will be delivered approximately two (2) weeks after the winner(s) is confirmed, save and except for any unforeseen events.
6. If a selected contestant cannot be reached within ten (10) business days from the first attempt at notification, does not respond within ten (10) business days from the date of notification by email or by phone, declines the prize or fails to permit the winner announcement within ten (10) days’ time to Local Hospitality, that contestant will be declared ineligible to win the prize and another contestant will be selected.
7. The Grand Prize award will be a reimbursement payable to the winner and is non-transferable and non-exchangeable for cash or any other form except at the discretion of Local Hospitality. If possible, the reimbursement will be in the form of a credit to the winner’s credit card; or alternatively, a check sent to the winner by mail.
1. By participating in this contest, the contestants agree to be bound by these rules and regulations.
2. All decisions of the prize selection team are final and neither Local Hospitality nor the membership organization shall be held responsible for any errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with the contest including, but not limited to, the contestant’s information entered into the contest by any person.
4. Any and all taxes on the prizes awarded, including income taxes, and any incidental expenses associated with collection of the prize(s) are the responsibility of the winners. No substitutions will be made for the prizes except at the discretion of Local Hospitality.
5. All decisions of the independent selection team are final and binding on the participants in all matters relating to the contest.
6. Local Hospitality reserves the right to withdraw, terminate, suspend, cancel, amend or modify all or part of the contest, in any manner and any rule(s) of the contest, at any time and without prior notice, for any reason whatsoever or if it determines that for any reason the contest cannot be run as originally planned, including, but not limited to, technical failure or corruption, computer virus, bugs, computer, electronic or system malfunction, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or any other factor(s) or cause(s) beyond Local Hospitality’s control which in Local Hospitality’s opinion compromises the fairness or integrity of the contest and/or affects the administration, security, or proper conduct of this contest as contemplated by these official rules.
7. Each winner releases Local Hospitality and the membership organization from any and all liability arising out of, or in connection with, this contest and the awarding of any prize, now or in the future. By entering this contest, each winner consents to the use of their name in a format approved by that winner, and city where they reside without further compensation, worldwide and in perpetuity, in any and all forms of media and social media now known or hereafter devised, including, but not limited to, the Internet, Facebook, Twitter, Linked In, You Tube, Pinterest, in any publicity or advertising carried out by Local Hospitality or the membership organization, unless prohibited by law.
8. By accepting the prize, the winners confirm compliance with the contest rules and regulations and agree to release, indemnify and forever discharge the membership organization, Local Hospitality, Local Hospitality’s affiliated companies, Local Hospitality’s directors, trustees, officers, employees, the prize selection team and any of their parents, affiliates, agents, and contractors, including advertising and promotional agencies, and their directors, trustees, officers and employees, from any and all action, proceedings, suits, liability, losses, costs, expenses (including legal fees and disbursements), damages, demands and claims of any kind, in respect of anything done by Local Hospitality in the performance of its duties hereunder in connection with the contest and/or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize, including without limitation, but not limiting to, any loss, personal injury, death, home damage, or claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy that could result from, but not limited to, the awarding or use of the prize, such that Local Hospitality shall not be liable for the use or misuse of the prize. Local Hospitality assumes no responsibility for the participation in the contest or any liability, claims, demands, actions, loss, damage or personal injury that may be sustained. The provisions of this section shall survive the termination of this contest and may be relied upon by the parties hereto at any time.
9. Failure to comply with Local Hospitality’s contest rules and regulations may result in disqualification from the contest.
10. Local Hospitality is not responsible for any entries that are lost, late, damaged, destroyed, corrupted or misdirected, incomplete, garbled, or delayed by or on any computer, online telephone or technical malfunctions that may occur in the processing transmission or receipt of entries.
11. Local Hospitality is not responsible for any theft, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; failures or malfunctions of electronic data transmission, telephones, telephone lines or telephone systems, interrupted or unavailable network, server or other connections, any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in any transmission or communication; traffic congestion on the Internet or for any technical problem, including but not limited to any injury or damage to the participant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in this contest; the cancellation, suspension or preemption of games, injuries or timing errors, electronic or equipment failure or other communication problems occurring in connection with participation in this contest nor is it responsible for any transmission of viruses from Local Hospitality’s web site to a computer system or if any whole entry system crashes resulting in the contest being cancelled or other problems or errors of any kind whether mechanical, human, electronic or otherwise.
12. Local Hospitality and the prize selection team and any of their parents, affiliates, agents, and contractors, including advertising and promotional agencies, and their directors, trustees, officers and employees expressly disclaim and shall be held free of all responsibility or liability for any act, error, omission, injury, loss, accident, delay or the neglect or default of any company or person providing any service for the contest, whether through providers negligence or otherwise, or due to epidemic, social or political disturbances or due to any cause whatsoever occurring during the contest and the use of their prize.
Any attempt by a contestant to deliberately
damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the contest is a
violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Local Hospitality
reserves the right to seek damages from any such contestant to the fullest
extent permitted by law.